Are you suffering from constipation? If yes, fret not because there are available remedies for constipation for you. Read on and know what these remedies are.
Constipation, irregular or infrequent bowel movement is such a painful and uncomfortable condition, and it’s not surprising to see a lot of people heading to the pharmacy to look for available constipation remedies. Constipation is said to be caused by poor eating habits, lack of exercise, not drinking enough water or fluids, not consuming enough fiber, or even other illnesses or health conditions. Fortunately, remedies for constipation are available for those who want to get rid of this painful and uncomfortable condition.
One of the best ways to prevent constipation is to increase your water intake since dehydration is one of the conditions that cause constipation. Drinking caffeinated beverages should also be avoided or should be done in moderation because caffeine, being a diuretic, causes dehydration.
Another key to preventing constipation is to have a healthy diet. This is one of the best natural remedies for constipation. A diet that includes vegetables, fruits, nuts and beans ensures regularity in the bowel movement. Apple is also considered as one of the remedies for constipation. Daily consumption of apple is enough to prevent constipation. Guava can also help but for full effect, this fruit must be eaten with seeds. You should also avoid starchy foods as these will only make the problem worse.
The following constipation remedies also help:
1. Laxatives – this is one of the most common remedies for constipation as a person suffering from constipation would think of laxatives first before anything else. Laxatives can be bought from a drugstore of pharmacy as over-the-counter products. If you don’t have any idea on what laxative to buy, you can always ask your doctor about it.
2.Honey and lemon mixture – Mix one two tablespoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water. This mixture is considered as one of the best remedies for constipation. Drinking this mixture once a day and once a night can help eliminate the symptoms of constipation.
3. Mixture of Olive oil and Orange juice – A glass half-filled with olive oil and half-filled with orange juice can make your bowel movement regular.
4. Licorice – known for its laxative qualities, daily consumption of licorice helps in relieving the pain and discomfort caused by constipation.
5. Grapes – one large bunch of this fruit can relieve you from your constipation.
6. Honey and Castor Oil – honey is always present in the list of remedies for constipation. Aside from eating it by itself or with lemon, you can also add a teaspoon of castor oil to get rid of your constipation problems.
7.Carrot juice, Tomato juice, and Sauerkraut juice – a mixture of these three may not taste good but it works well making it one of the best remedies for constipation.
While there are available remedies for constipation, you shouldn’t forget that proper diet, staying hydrated, and performing regular exercise are still the best ways to cure constipation.
Tags: Health and Fitness