Prostate cancer is most common among men older than 65 years old. Compared to Americans who was genetic predisposition, Africans-Americans are most likely to suffer with prostate cancer. Needle biopsy, transrectal ultrasonography, prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and metastatic work up are the most common diagnostic procedures you are likely to go through if you are suspected for prostate cancer.
While it is important to understand the cause and symptoms of prostate cancer, preventive measures that should be taken by you is always a top priority. Listed in here are the ways on how you could prevent from being a victim of prostate cancer.
1. Limit calories in your diet. Calories when taken overly can result to various ailments, especially the occurrence of prostate cancer. Try to low down your calorie intake. Eat only moderate-sized portions. Eat sensibly.
2. Eat a well-balanced diet. Avoid eating foods high in saturated fats. Fats found in red meats are best example of foods with high saturated fat contents. Saturated fats are known to increase your risk to prostate cancer.
3. Eat vegetables and many fruits. People who eat foods high in folate that can be found in spinach, asparagus and some beans are know to decrease risk of cancers, prostate cancer specifically.
4. Eat sea foods. Sea foods like salmon, herring and mackerel are foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acid is a fat known to reduce the risk of cancer and other health problems. Study results are mixed, and some researchers say eating these fats has no effect on cancer. But these fats are still a healthy addition to your diet.
5. Limit alcohol intake. Studies show that regular heavy drinking increases the risk of aggressive prostate cancer.
6. Drink green tea. Green tea contains antioxidants such as polyphenols that may help prevent certain cancers and other health problems.
Keeping yourself physically fit is what you can do best to keep yourself away from developing prostate cancer. And as a cancer awareness advocate, I love to go out on fishing trips during holidays. I always use my favorite Daiwa Spinning Reel. I usually buy Daiwa Spinning Reels for all my fishing needs and they work simply the best!
Tags: Health and Fitness